SAT. JAN 9, 2016, GREENVILLE, SC: I live in the Upstate: the westernmost point of the slice of the pie that is South Carolina. And, on this particular weekend, I sit in the epicenter of all things Clemson football. On Monday the Clemson Tigers, undefeated and ranked #1 in the nation, play the University of Alabama Crimson Tide for the National Championship of college football. Currently, the Upstate is drunk with football, regaling each other with the exploits of Clemson’s favored sons (like Deshawn Watson, Wayne Gallman, and Jayron Kearse), and the possibility its hometown team will complete a perfect season by defeating the most reviled team in all of sports coached by the most resented of coaches: Nick Saban. I sit here alone wearing a crimson trimmed hoodie clashing with an army of orange shirts, hats, and tiger paw car flags. (more…)
- Living In Light of Man’s Chief End: Lesson 1, What in the World Are We Talking About?
- Living Christianly in a Pluralistic Culture: Islam, Part 2
- Living Christianly in a Pluralistic Culture, Islam Part 1
- Living Christianly in a Pluralistic Culture Talk #3 Modern-Day Judaism
- Living Christianly in a Pluralistic Culture Talk #2: Pluralism in Christianity